Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How do i use my straightner to curl my hair?

I have bought a chi straightner and it says it can curl, i have heard you can curl your hair with it like you would with sissors and a ribbon. Please give me more details on excatly how to do this cause when i try it, it really doesnt work well. I have seen others do this what am i doing wrong?How do i use my straightner to curl my hair?
I recently did spiral ringlets on a friend for a wedding with a flat-iron. The first thing is to make sure you have a one-inch iron. Clasp the hair like you normally would--Rather than just pulling it through, flip the iron one-half to one-full turn (while at the scalp) and run it through the length of your hair like that (as you said, like curling a ribbon with scissors). The curls come out absolutely gorgeous if done right. It does take some practice at first. Good luck!How do i use my straightner to curl my hair?
All I do is put it to my hair without moving it, but bend it, either up or down...kind of like you are folding it...that's the only way to describe it that I can think of....and if your hair doesn't curl easy, it'll take some time.
DO NOT DO THAT! It will just damage your hair! You need to clasp the ends of your hair at the bottom of the straightner, then twirl the straightner around so that your hair wraps around the straightner! Hold for around 15 secs. This will cause a ringlet type curl....if you want that then hairspray it straight away. If you want a wavy/beach look then loosley run your fingers in it and apply some wax or other product with the tips of your fingers!

Good luck
I didn't know you could curl your hair with a straightener but read up on some hair styling tips (maybe go to a hair salon and they can show you, bring your straightener with you) good luck!!
They are hoping you have synthetic hair . You will break your hair if you put that much tension on it. A ribbon is curled with a sizzor edge because DUH%26lt;%26lt;%26lt; it breaks down the ribbon's structure and the broken side pushes the unbroken side thus forming a circle.

They might mean you are able to use it by alternating the wand back wards and forewards creating a wave not really a curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment